Techniques & Strategies for Making
CD/DVDs at the Lowest Cost
(USA) (20-30cents per Audio CD-R)
(USA) (40-75 cents per DVD-R)
Purchasing Blank CD/DVDs:
Periodically I call OfficeMax, Office Depot, CompUSA, Circuit City or Staples and ask if there are any specials on CD/DVD-R 100 packs. I do not trust deals for CD/DVDs found on the Web because of prior bad experience. Costco is usually a good place to look for bargains. But on average I can buy 100 CDs for $15 on sale (15 cents each) and 100 DVDs for $25 on sale (25 cents each) at the large Office stores. Circuit City/Best Buy usually has the best deals. When figuring out total cost per CD/DVD Tract there are additional steps as well as shipping that adds to the overall costs of these CD/DVD Tracts.
Most computers come with a CD burner, and can burn CDs using Windows Media Player. (instruction for using Windows Media Player) But I prefer to use professional CD Burning software like Nero or Roxio. (One CD Burner can burn approx. 50-100 CDs per day.) I have used External USB 2.0 CD burners in the past. This prevents you from needing to open up your computer to add new hardware. You just plug them into a USB 2.0 slot.
Testing the CD/DVDs:
||After you burn CD/DVDs, you'll need to occasionally test them on a regular CD/DVD player, (NOT ON A COMPUTER!. Computers can hide mistakes. One of my friends accidentally made 100 mp3 CDs, instead of the standard Audio CDs, because she didn't test them on a regular Audio CD player.)
Labeling the CD/DVDs:
1. (RECOMENDED METHOD) You can purchase Paper CD Labels, and print them on your computer. (One place to buy them is OnlineLabels.com) This will allow you to make professional looking CDs, since you can print them in Color. I buy mine online at: http://www.goodlabelsforless.com/1231.htm But you might spend a little money replacing your ink cartriges (inexpensive ink can be purchased on ebay or at: http://www.kingkahler.com).
|2. Light-Scribe: This is a technique where the CD burner, burns a picture on the CD using a laser. To do this, you need to buy LightScribe enabled CDs/DVDs, and a LightScribe CD/DVD Burner. Information at LightScribe.com|
3. White Top Printable CDs. These CDs have a printable surface on the top, where an injet printer can print. But you'll need a specific printer that can handle this, along with printable CDs.
|4. If you have the money, you can purchase an all in one CD Copier/Printer. These can cost anywere from $1000 - $4000 Make sure you get a model with high customer satisfaction!|
5. The way I have been labeling CDs is useful for very high volumns. They do not look professional, but it allows me to label many CDs, in little time, at no cost. I purchased a self inking stamp (with ink made for glass surfaces), enabeling me to stamp the CD with Text and a small graphic
You can order a Self Inking stamp from (email@example.com) or find a Stamp Maker in your area. (You'll need a graphic for them to work with.)
CD/DVD Covers, Sleeves:
For Covers, I do not use hard plastic covers or Paper Sleeves, but Paper Sleeves. They cost around $25 for 1000, and are therefore very affordable. Paper Sleeves allow me to run them through my Printer.
All these can be purchased at LDB Enterprise inc, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing the Package:
When mailing packages, I use the US Post Office. I use MEDIA MAIL rate since I'm only sending CDs. I can ship about 50 CDs for ~$2.50. I don't use insurance or confirmation, since the price of a package is so low. (To save time, you can print your postage stamps at home using the USPS.com.). When mailing in quantities greater than 60-300 CDs use the Flat Rate Boxes for $8.10. For shipments of less than 15 CDs, use a 6x9 envelope or one with padding.
For packaging, I just wrap the CDs in brown postal paper. You can purchase this at a Paper supply store, very inexpensive per roll. CDs are pretty durable, so they don't need any protective bubble wrap. You can also purchase CD Mailers for your packages.
Mailers / Envelopes: (Office Depot) $9 per 100 6x9 Mailers
A long awaited CD Media sale.
2 stores clean out before they even knew what hit them.
Duplicators: Best Buys are on Ebay.com - Click Here
(Or search CD or DVD Duplicator on Ebay.com)
1. Integrity Media Solutions - www.IntegrityMediaSolutions.com (Christian Company - Excellent Rates)
Please mention my name (Caesar Garduno @ FreeCDTracts) for best pricing.
INTEGRITY Media Solutions
850 Boyce Road, Suite 8
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Toll Free: 800-882-0704
2. Veassociates.com (ask for Darren & tell them I (Caesar from FreeCDTracts.com) referred you for a 10% discount. email@example.com (1-877-474-7277)
Please consider partnering with Free CD Tracts as well as the The Pocket Testament League.
When you become a member of The Pocket Testament League, you receive FREE Gospels of John to read, carry and share. You can order up to 30 Gospels per month free of charge (shipping by postal mail within North America only). Mix and match our different cover designs to prepare yourself for any sharing situation! You'll also receive a membership card, free newsletters and other League information to help you share your faith more effectively.